Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da

So apparently when you turn 30, life goes on.  Good to know, right?  Yeah.  It's good.  Fine.

The first couple weeks of my 30s have been pretty memorable.  I've seen my first Broadway show, seen some live preseason hockey, attended a Renaissance faire in costume for the first time, visited with out of town family in town, had dinner with friends a few times, seen the season premiere of Parenthood and been to a lovely concert in Philly...been quite busy, so it seems!

I'd have more to say, but Pretty in Pink is distracting me.

My thoughts are muddled of late.  I always have a lot going through my brain, but lately it has been just bits and pieces of things, not explainable coherent thoughts to share.

Been reading a new book, and almost finished with it, but I've been slow with my readings the past couple months.  It seems like my reading frenzy back in June really was just that - an obsessive frenzy that's died out.  I'm hanging on, though.  I still have books next to my bedside waiting to be opened.  I won't give up.

There's a musician who I've admired for a number of years, simply because of one recording I stumbled across entitled "Father".  Every song on that album moves me.  I could quote whole songs and light up social media with his poetry for days.  And now, I'm reading his book CMYK:  The Process of Life Together.  GREAT.  More quotes I'd love to share.  I'm a sucker for the thought provoking and emotional, faith-filled writings.  I love to read and think and hear insights from people who may or may not believe the same way I do, but love to dig deeper and find meaning.  Justin McRoberts certainly does that.

I'm no critic blogger reviewing books and music, but I know what I like, and when someone can connect that's it for me.  I'm hooked. Line and sinker.  The thoughts in that book, the straightforwardness, the love for people, undeniable.  That's what I want.  Love for people.

I think I have a love for them.  I just don't know what to do with it.  I care, I just don't know what to do about the caring.  So often I feel like I want to dedicate my life to helping the helpless, to loving the loveless.  But...I have my own family to care for, too!  I overthink, and then under-do.  I want to grow that to a point where it's the opposite.  I'd rather under-think things, and over do them.  In the positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment